At Hotel Josef, we strive every day to take small steps towards more sustainable initiatives. Take a look at our progress:
- Refillable drinking water tank in fitness area
- Laundry changes in the guest rooms only at departure or by request
- Digital copies of invoices and receipts available at reception
- Encouraging guests to reuse towels and save energy
- E- chargers for cars in our garage
- Between 1.1.22 – 31.12.23, 100% of electricity supplied to Hotel Josef will be produced from renewable resources (guaranteed by Prague Energetika)
- ECO products used while cleaning when possible
- 70% of suppliers committed to sustainable practices
- Recyclable straws, limited plastic waste at breakfast
- Using regulated, Bio meat from local Czech farmers where possible
- Chickens and eggs from free range farms
- Limiting distance travelled for delivery of goods
- On-site herb and vegetable garden
- Freshwater fish and only from selected suppliers
- No Avocados
- As many local Czech ingredients as possible
- Variety of seasonal offers of vegetables and fruits at every meal
Limit showers to 5-10 minutes. Every minute you can save up to 9 liters of water!
Reuse your towels. Let our cleaning staff know you‘d like to use them again by hanging them up!
Choose digital invoices and receipts instead of printing to save paper.
Re-fill water bottles from our water tank or straight from the tap. Water in Prague is 100%clean and safe to drink.
Switch off lights when not in use.
Unplug unused electronics.
Be mindful of overusing air-conditioner use during summer stays and heating in winter!